A blog can solidify your connection with your clients. It can establish your reputation and credibility. Browse the blogosphere and you’ll find several blogs covering various topics. However, you’ll likely come across blogs abandoned or rarely updated compared those that are active and frequently updated with fresh content.
The overwhelming amount of blogs may intimidate you as you begin to create your own blog. It may appear that every topic has been addressed more than once. However, don’t let it discourage you. Your unique approach on a topic and passion will bring you success.
Begin your niche blog
The more specific your niche the more likely you’ll build traffic because the content isn’t commonly discussed; and, for some visitors, it’s like finding a rare gem. Your unique approach encourages readers to keep coming back for more.
People often visit your site in their spare time; therefore, the niche and content needs to be appealing to continue to draw traffic. Here are some ways to help define your content, create a theme and make your blog unique.
- Describe your topic in detail. Leave no stone unturned by discussing all of its components.
- Compare and contrast your topic with other subjects
- Uncover the origins of your topic and explain its history, evolution and events that influenced it and what it has influenced.
- Discuss how others have approached the topic and argue for and against it.
- Find out how the topic has been applied to provide solutions to challenging problems.
Evaluate your blog posts
Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with a structure for a blog post. Begin with a draft or an outline that answers the questions:
Elevate your creativity and keep eyeballs glued to your content with writing prompts. A writing prompt maybe a single word, short phrase, paragraph or picture that encourages an idea to help you write and it helps encourage your creativity. Here are some examples:
- It was the beginning of spring
- The meteorite flashed across the sky
- The joyous glint in her eyes
Websites like creativewritingprompts.com can give you more prompts to help fuel your creativity. It’s possible to create your own writing prompts by using headlines from the news, a phrase from a conversation you heard or from inspirational quotes.
Image Courtesy of Boykung/Freedigitalphotos.net